Sunday, December 17, 2006

Tabata training

a new method i have adopted to maximise training potential in a short period of time is the tabata method of strenght/resistance/cardio training. I needed somthing that would give me a massive body workout in my room, in the short period i have between revision. Basically Tabata is a series of beeps played on an audio file i downloaded. The workout is 4 mins long, the first beep is the singnal to start training, the second is a signal for a 10 second rest, and then it continues with another beep. If i get time to do this outside i whack the file on my cd player and try and perform a boxing/Tae Kwon Do tabata workout, or somthing like jogging, or skipping. but since im usually in my room, i do burpees with pressups, and jumps if my parents dont get too annoyed with the banging!, this giving me a total body workout in four minutes!

the whole point of the Tabata method is to give 120% in every 20sec workout period, this means you are doing HARDCORE speed and strength, to maximise the strain in the short time. it seems to be going well, im nicely worn out by the end but my recovery time isnt too bad, about 8 mins, and then i get back to work. meaning i can do an hours revision, do a burpee tabata workout, get a drink and a snack, and get back to work for an hour, in a 12 min interval, which seems much longer because of the workout. so i guess this is helping my focus on revision, its a two for one!


next time, dragon flags....the ultimate ab workout and my whole 1 rep of them!!!!!! id put it up now but i dunno what else id have to say tomorrow, im not sure whether ill train or not, if i do its a chest day, but more on that when it comes,

peace,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home